POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Noobulation! : Re: FATALITY! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FATALITY!
From: Invisible
Date: 19 Jan 2009 07:05:45
Message: <49746c99$1@news.povray.org>
>> You telling me I'm lazy now?
>
>  LOL, no, not at all, but I think you'll have a shock if you get a job that
> pays good money. They'll keep you on your toes for their money, that's for
> sure, but I'm sure you could handle it. :)

As ridiculous as that sounds... I could actually go for some interesting
challenges to tackle. Right now I'm *inventing* them.

Need to back up that server? Maybe we could use the COPY command? Or
perhaps I could design, implement and test a program written in Haskell
to do the job?

Want to allow others to check whether the backup job succeeded? Maybe I
could delegate some admin rights? Or maybe I could develop an MS-DOS
script that scans the log folder, finds the newest job log, copies it to
a temporary folder, concanenates it with a custom-written PostScript
program implementing a text-formatting engine, thus transforming the
text file into a PostScript page description, map LPT2: to a network
printer, and copy the file to that, thus printing it?

Need a cup of coffee? Maybe I could... uh... implement some kind of Tcl
script to... er... tell you when it's coffee time or something?

Kinda running out of ideas here...

>   Seriously though, if you use their internet the way that you have been
> with your present company, and they find out, you may be out of a job
> quicker than you think. That's all.

Well let's hope I can find a job that involves me doing stuff that's
more interesting than loafing around a newserver, eh? ;-)

(Surely that can't be especially hard...? A job being more interesting,
that is. FINDING could be quite hard.)